Listed 14th Jun, 2010
Construction (Infrastructure) > Other
Logistics and Distribution Manager
Looking for a Logistics and Distribution professional...
- Newly created role
- Top Tier Contractor – international presence
- Critical role
Our client is an international Top Tier contractor operating in the mining, oil and gas, infrastructure, building and rail industries – they are an industry leader and have a reputation for providing a holistic project service encompassing feasibility, construction and delivery phases for some of the most recognisable blue chip companies in Australia.
With an expected CV$1.2b project win just days away, they are aggressively sourcing a Logistics Manager with strengths in Transport, warehousing, materials management and coordination to join the team and manage all facets of the Logistics function.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for
- Coordination of effective and timely delivery of supplies and materials to site
- Review of transport contractors and analysis of tender documentation so as to ensure the best performing and most able contractors are selected
- Implementation of an effective supply chain including just in time principles
- Streamlining the distribution function by eliminating potential bottlenecks
- Establishing contingency plans should transport issues become apparent
- Management of a vast network of supply chain professionals and managing their performance to a No Harm and Safety conscious manner
- Awareness of fatigue management issues and dealing with them upon discovery
- Establishment of Logistic and Distribution processes so as to ensure the effective and timely delivery of critical project phases
And other duties as required.
Performed a similar role previously?
Do you possess Tertiary Qualifications?
Seeking a role that comprises growth, development and challenges?
Please send through your expressions of interest to email@example.com